As we continue to build our success through guiding and ideation of start-up products for entrepreneurs, you will be the guiding lead on supporting our clients with innovative UX solutions. We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us grow our offerings, extend our customer reach, and increase customer satisfaction.
As a senior UX designer, you will be the champion of user-centered design methods to interpret and influence software, product design experiences, and decisions with confidence. You lead design discovery sessions enthusiastically and collaborate with Developers while working directly with the client(s) to ideate and validate compelling creative solutions. You will elevate UX design efforts and ideate the invisible with a willingness to iterate in the customer’s best interests at every stage of the customer product lifecycle; discovery, conceptualization, development requirements specification, and user-acceptance testing.
You are an expert that creates groundbreaking products and highly quality experiences with expertise and the knowledge to apply the appropriate application of UX/UI, research, product, interaction, visual, and brand design. Empathy for the client and end users is your superpower.
Responsibilities will include
- Facilitate and lead multi-platform design projects (web, Android, iOS) that serve unique customer audiences with varying needs
- Ability to conduct discovery workshops with client stakeholders to define the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) scope
- Work independently to design a seamless user experience across all platforms (web and mobile).
- Leverage, document, and define existing insights, business goals, and end user needs to produce data-informed design solutions.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision of the projects and set high standards for output across team members.
- Quickly generate multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is needed and apply the appropriate UX tools to discover additional needs.
- Empower the team via full transparency and including their feedback in your design process.
- Expertise in creating UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, low/hi fidelity concepts, prototypes, detail design artifacts)
- Collaborate and work on new business development and opportunity pitches/pursuits with Sales Team with ability to provide accurate estimates on design effort.
- Pitch ideas confidently and effectively present the creative vision clearly to clients, as well as communicate in the same manner to members of the team.
- Overseeing the design process of multiple projects and manage timelines and deliverables for each
- Experience in conducting usability test sessions with end users and ability to effectively communicate and incorporate feedback into your designs.
- Be a master, of current design and design thinking methodologies to create great user-centric product experiences while meeting even the most challenging of business objectives
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
- 2+ years of leading strategic design offerings for various partners
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Sketch.
- Ability to work directly with clients to understand and guide detailed requirements and lead design concepting sessions that will ensure requirements are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Demonstrated ability for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals presented to various levels of client understanding.
- Possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- Successfully launched various consumer products/features over the years and can speak to their success
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to think of the big picture while delivering on incremental value adds.
- Excellent design ability in Mobile (iOS / Android) and Web.
- Understand how to design with systems, knowing when to stick to patterns, and knowing when to diverge.
- Must include a link to an up-to-date, online portfolio or shareable work examples to be considered.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with clients and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Extreme comfort in delivering in the face of ambiguity and shifting client needs
Things we value
- An ability to communicate design rationale in creative and impactful ways — with strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of independence and initiative; an ability to determine how to prioritize your work, what you will need to accomplish it, ask for what you need and escalate communications when you are not receiving what you need
- A self-starter who can collaborate with others in a manner that builds trust
- A growth mindset and a desire to make things better
- A healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Experience with animation tools is a plus
- Experience in Agency work with varied clients and industries will be given preferential attention
Why work for Noble Applications? We make great products. We craft beautiful web and mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges.
We’re a small agile close knit team and not a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue their ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes.
You love learning new ways to approach complex problems–so you’ll be excited to work on a variety of projects with many different types of clients from varied industries.